Re: docx files

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:07:15 -0600, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> said:

> On 11/10/07 09:31, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:55:23 -0600, Ron Johnson
>> <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> said:

>>> I understand your point.  But they are in the majority.
>>
>> Being in the majority does not confer on them a patina of
>> desirability or any need to pander to them.  The unwashed masses are

> Pander?  No.  Deal with?  Yes.

        I deal with them by telling them not to send me doc files.

> Until I'm rich enough to own an expensive and well-fortified self-
> sufficient compound/estate out in the country.

        You need to have a compound to protect yourself from idiots
 sending you doc files? Wow.

>> always there.  I would much prefer to xtand out.  And yes, I am an
>> elitist.

> I'm elitist too, but only act like it in private among other
> intelligent people.

        Look, if they are morons, their opinions do not count.
 Sometimes one is unfortunate enough to be in a position where you do
 have to cater to them (if your boss is a morong, for example, and you
 need the pay check). The idea then is to arrange not to be under the
 thumb of one of these people.

        Usually, as with waiters, one limits oneself to a small, rigid,
 well understood interface with such people. I order food, you bring
 food, I pay and leave a good tip.  For gods sake don't send me doc
 files; all I need from you is food and beverages.

> Besides, rude is rude.  Having the waiter spit in your food because
> you're a jackass is the height of stupidity, even in smart people.

        Stop going to such restaurants.  Usually, very few waiters want
 to send me doc files.

>>> So when you see that "moron" young woman at the club and ask her to
>>> dance, she thinks "This guy is a jackass." and turns you down,
>>> possibly rudely.
>>
>> I am much better off not hooking up with her, since it would save me
>> from a future charge of homicide. It also allows me to remain free
>> for the intelligent _and_ good looking person of the appropriate
>> gender.
>>
>> Where is the downside?
>>
>>> Or any of a thousand other scenarios where it's a bad idea for 95%
>>> of the world to think you're a jackass.
>>
>> Since most people are morons, I am not sure I agree with that
>> assessment.

> I get the distinct impression that you are young and unmarried.

        Then you should stop jumping to conclusions.

        manoj
--
Somehow, the world always affects you more than you affect it.