Re: docx files

On 11/10/07 09:31, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:55:23 -0600, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> said:
>
>> On 11/10/07 00:13, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>>> Being thought a jackass by morons is a compliment.
>
>> I understand your point.  But they are in the majority.
>
>         Being in the majority does not confer on them a patina of
>  desirability or any need  to pander to them.  The unwashed masses are

Pander?  No.  Deal with?  Yes.

Until I'm rich enough to own an expensive and well-fortified self-
sufficient compound/estate out in the country.

>  always there.  I would much prefer to xtand out.  And yes, I am an
>  elitist.

I'm elitist too, but only act like it in private among other
intelligent people.

Besides, rude is rude.  Having the waiter spit in your food because
you're a jackass is the height of stupidity, even in smart people.

>> So when you see that "moron" young woman at the club and ask her to
>> dance, she thinks "This guy is a jackass." and turns you down,
>> possibly rudely.
>
>         I am much better off not hooking up with her, since it would
>  save me from a future charge of homicide. It also allows me to remain
>  free for the intelligent _and_ good looking person of the appropriate
>  gender.
>
>         Where is the downside?
>
>> Or any of a thousand other scenarios where it's a bad idea for 95% of
>> the world to think you're a jackass.
>
>         Since most people are morons, I am not sure I agree with that
>  assessment.

I get the distinct impression that you are young and unmarried.

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA