Re: docx files

On Friday 09 November 2007 09:45, Arijit Sarkar wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 22:14 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I received a file.docx made with office 2007
> > Is there any easy way to read it?
> > Thanks
> > Thierry
>
> Why don't you tell the sender to send it again in different format?
> Since, "docx" is not a standard format, it's not possible for many soft
> wares to offer read/write support.
>
> If possible, tell him to send the document in some ISO standard document
> format like, Open Document Format.
> If not possible, then at least in Office2003 format.
>

> --
> Arijit Sarkar <arijit.2612@gmail.com>
> Kolkata, India

Hi,
This is what I did, for shure, with all needed explanation about standard, and
what was wrong with this format. But, we will get more and more of those, and
I was wondering if i was any easy way to read these documents. Installing
Wine looks like one way, but I am not going to take it.So, for now I will ask
senders not to use this format.
Thierry