Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Nov 8, 2007 1:03 AM, John Masters <johnmasters@oxtedonline.net> wrote:
> Do not presume to psychoanalyse me. I see the Debian Users list as an
> invaluable source of information and advice, to which I attempt in my
> own small way to contribute. Posts requesting opinions as to which is
> the best software/hardware/distro inevitably invite flame wars which
> fill my inbox with dross.

This is the third poll I've run, of course asking the same question of
"what's your favourite FLOSS", and I haven't ever seen a flame war
incited by it. In fact I have found it pretty helpful since it tends
to reveal various hidden gems. And by the way, popcon states which
software is most installed (and does not exclude essential stuff like
'tzdata' which I'm sure many users don't care/know about), and that's
a limitation. Doesn't that distinction make it worthy to run this
poll?

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com