Re: How to sort ignoring digits? (was: Contacts printing)

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> [071106 06:42]:

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:

> Rodolfo, you'll need to send us a sample couple of lines EXACTLY as they
> appear in your file so that someone who knows sort can help.
>
> You'll also need to tell us EXACTLY what you want the file to look like
> when all is said and done.  What do you want to do with this?

Here are a few lines from the file:

3938269241 320192481 Stan Laurel
3939424701 0815605311 Oliver Hardy
800151611 800822051 Harpo Marx
ABC Travel 0111111111 33811111111
Acade;Paolo;;; 335111111 Paolo Acade
Acade;Pasquale;;; 335122211 Pasquale Acade

I wish it to be sorted by letters (i.e. by names) - and also eliminate those
ugly semicolons!

Thanks indeed
Rodolfo