Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On 16:45 Thu 08 Nov     , Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:

> This is the third poll I've run, of course asking the same question of
> "what's your favourite FLOSS", and I haven't ever seen a flame war
> incited by it. In fact I have found it pretty helpful since it tends
> to reveal various hidden gems. And by the way, popcon states which
> software is most installed (and does not exclude essential stuff like
> 'tzdata' which I'm sure many users don't care/know about), and that's
> a limitation. Doesn't that distinction make it worthy to run this
> poll?

Firstly I must apologise to any and all I offended with my post. In
mitigation I plead age, failing memory and a bad day at work. I could
have sworn that it was only about 3 months ago the last survey was
posted; just checked the logs and it was last October. Doesn't time fly
when you get older?

Also at the same time there was a bit of a flame war going on about spam
and I must have subconsciously associated the two different threads.

BTW I actually submitted to the last survey ;). Also I take your point
about the difference between popcon and the poll.

--
Regards, John