Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:24 PM, John Masters wrote:

On 13:15 Tue 06 Nov     , Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Here's a template where you can fill in your favourites; feel free to
add missing categories:

<big big snip>

Sorry but here's where I unsubscribe for a couple of months while the
same stuff is rehashed as it was a few months ago. Does this totally
unscientific poll have any real use? Apart that is from reigniting the
antediluvian arguments like mutt v emacs, bash v korn etc.

Sheesh... sort by thread, delete key.  Not difficult...

There is a method to gauge the popularity of FLOSS apps built into every Debian installation. If you haven't enabled it yet, do so and eliminate
this totally superfluous 'poll'.

You might have mentioned that it's called "popularity-contest" and can be found via your favorite package manager. :-)

Picture yourself standing in a big room with a hundred people all having different conversations... imaging yelling at the top of your lungs "I'm tired of hearing that group over there talking about that! I'M LEAVING!"

Think anyone would, a) care?, b) not think you were insane?

That's pretty much the equivalent of what most "I'm leaving the list" messages amount to. No one cares, we all just shake our heads and say, "There goes a very troubled person."

--
Nate Duehr
nate@natetech.com