Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 04:45:20PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 1:03 AM, John Masters <johnmasters@oxtedonline.net> wrote:
> > Do not presume to psychoanalyse me. I see the Debian Users list as an
> > invaluable source of information and advice, to which I attempt in my
> > own small way to contribute. Posts requesting opinions as to which is
> > the best software/hardware/distro inevitably invite flame wars which
> > fill my inbox with dross.
>
> This is the third poll I've run, of course asking the same question of
> "what's your favourite FLOSS", and I haven't ever seen a flame war
> incited by it. In fact I have found it pretty helpful since it tends
> to reveal various hidden gems. And by the way, popcon states which
> software is most installed (and does not exclude essential stuff like
> 'tzdata' which I'm sure many users don't care/know about), and that's
> a limitation. Doesn't that distinction make it worthy to run this
> poll?

Here here! Great to get participation from users! I would suggest that
this poll and others be added to the debian-community.org site as a
feature. That way you can just point to a URL and let a wider audience
have a say.
Keep up the good work, Tshepang!
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|