Re: Intel Deluxe PC Camera

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:04:49PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I didn't have the kernel headers for my 2.6.16 kernel and they do not seem
> to be available in the Etch repository.  I took this as a sign that it was
> time to upgrade my kernel and upgraded to 2.6.22-3-k7 from backports.  Then
> I reran module-assistant.

well, etch is running a version of 2.6.18, so you might installing the
current etch kernel before mucking around too much more...

> This time, m-a found and downloaded the kernel headers.  I then selected
> the module to compile.  The gspca-source was not listed, so I used the
> spca5xx-source.  When I tried to build the sources, however, the build
> failed.  The logfile contained nothing but the date and time, so I have no
> specific errors to report.  It may be that the problem is using
> spca5xx-source instead of gspca-source, but that was not listed as an
> option.  If I download it manually, might m-a find it and allow me to use
> it.

m-a won't be able to use it without futzing around inthe source
directory and forcing m-a to *not* redownload the soruce package.

probably just easier to pull down the tarball from upstream and do the
typical make && make install.

> Any ideas on what I should try next?

as above, get the current etch kernel and headers, and try again. and
run through the whole m-a thing again as there are definitely
gspca-modules-2.6 for a whole bunch of architectures....  Maybe it
doesn't show up in the m-a menu, but I know I've built it with m-a
from the command line.

hth.