Re: getting scim to work on KDE

On 10/24/07, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> This was one step I had missed. The second one was to put:
> >> #GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
> >> GTK_IM_MODULE="scim-bridge"
> >> #QT_IM_MODULE=xim
> >> QT_IM_MODULE="scim-bridge"
> >
> >> in /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim. For which I had to install scim-bridge
> >> package.
> >
> >> Then logging out and loggin back in gave me the SCIM toolbar in KDE
> >> which is toggled using CTRL+Space.
> >
> >> Thanks a ton!
> >> ->HS
> >

> Well, something doesn't seem to be right with my setup. Scim works in
> Icedove, iceweasel and gaim. But it doesn't work in kate or konsole.
> What am I missing?

Scim is working for me in kde/qt apps. Here are my environmental
variables:

XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
XIM_PROGRAM="scim -d"
QT_IM_MODULE="scim"

I autostart scim with "scim -d"
I have a large number of scim related packages installed, I don't
know if all of them are relevant:
scim
scim-bridge-agent
scim-bridge-client-gtk
scim-bridge-client-qt
scim-bridge-client-qt4
scim-gtk2-immodule
scim-qtimm
scim-uim
(plus lots of jp specific scim tools)

I have these in a different file, but that shouldn't change anything.
I based my setup on a tutorial on the Ubuntu Forums.

You could also check out skim, which is some sort of KDE
frontend for scim.

Cheers,
Kelly