Re: getting scim to work on KDE

Kelly Clowers wrote:

>> Well, something doesn't seem to be right with my setup. Scim works in
>> Icedove, iceweasel and gaim. But it doesn't work in kate or konsole.
>> What am I missing?
>
> Scim is working for me in kde/qt apps. Here are my environmental
> variables:
>
> XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
> GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
> XIM_PROGRAM="scim -d"
> QT_IM_MODULE="scim"
>
> I autostart scim with "scim -d"
> I have a large number of scim related packages installed, I don't
> know if all of them are relevant:
> scim
> scim-bridge-agent
> scim-bridge-client-gtk
> scim-bridge-client-qt
> scim-bridge-client-qt4
> scim-gtk2-immodule
> scim-qtimm
> scim-uim
> (plus lots of jp specific scim tools)
>
> I have these in a different file, but that shouldn't change anything.
> I based my setup on a tutorial on the Ubuntu Forums.
>
> You could also check out skim, which is some sort of KDE
> frontend for scim.

This is the first time that I hear of skim. I just looked into it
briefly. It looks very interesting. However, it seems that it does not
follow the standard im-switch launching convention, which may cause
problems when I occasionally switch to another desktop environment /
window manager. Is there an im-switch port of skim available? Thanks.

- --
Cheers,

Wei Chen
http://www.acplex.com/people/wchen/