Re: How to access RS-232 console from terminal?

Amit Uttamchandani wrote:
You may also find a UNIX/Linux port of Putty, if you want to use a "familiar" interface, as the Debian package 'putty' ( what else? ;)

However, you will still need something like minicom to make the actual connection through the serial line, as others have mentioned.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I checked out minicom. It seems like it is the way to go. As for putty, it is quite nice but I was looking for something really powerful with debugging and file sending capabilities. It seems like minicom is the only option there.

I had completely forgotten, something said in one of the other emails prompted to ol' brain cells to regurgitate this:

seyon:  Seyon is a complete full-featured modem communications package
for the X Window System.

It does zmodem as well.

It may be more useful than minicom for you.

--
Bob McGowan