Re: Debian packages without md5sums

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:55:17 +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 21:02:41 -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:

>> Is there some way to get the system to re-read the release file?  I
>> installed the key after I upgradeed the system to etch, so all
>> packages on my DVDs show as being unverified.  I have tried to get it
>> to clear that, but nothing I have tried has worked.
>
> Did you try to remove all the DVD-related lines from your
> /etc/apt/sources.list, **run "aptitude update"** and then add the DVD(s)
> again using the "apt-cdrom" command? I think that should work but I have
> not tested it.

I believe that the above-flagged problem is similar to the one that I
posted to this thread.

But either I have not understand the suggested solution or the
solution is nonviable with my setup.

The only entries on my "/etc/apt/sources.list" relate to my DVDs. The
reason is that my connection to the Internet is too slow for viable
online "dist upgrades"; and even if an online "aptitude update"
actually managed to go to completion, I would just end up with an
out-of-sync setup.

Is there any available strategy that applies to cases like mine?

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)