Re: Repost of some earlier described "challenges"

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:50:44 -0500, Mike McCarty
<Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> said:
Oops! I somehow neglected to specify...  PS/2 style keyboard PS/2
style mouse Keyboard works

PS/2 style keyboard USB style mouse Keyboard stops working

        I am afraid I cannot reproduce this. I have two machines,

Not surprising. If it were a common phenomenon, then it
would probably have been noted earlier. I do know that
at least one other person has experienced it.

[snip]

Same setup works with you-know-what.

        Then perhaps  you-know-what _is_ the better solution, as far as
 you are concerned. I don't think we should be brow beating people into
 usding free software -- it should be their cohice.  If they do not like
 what free software has to offer, and like some other solution better,
 we should respect that decision.

In this case, it's her decision, not mine.

Again, how to obtain and install? I believe it is already mountable
and readable.

        I think with the kernel above, you should be able to mount an
 NTFS volume (mount -t ntfs) without using fuse.

That's what I observe. I put entries into /etc/fstab for her,
and the NT disc gets auto mounted with no problem. But she
still considers it "no access". I think mostly because most
of the useful stuff on it is Windows NT executables.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.