Re: GNOME: Associate multiple queues with one printer: HOW?

Mike McCarty(Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net) is reported to have said:
> My GF has a Debian/GNOME/CUPS machine, and wishes to associate more than
> one queue with it. I use Fedora/GNOME/CUPS and have no problem doing
> that, but so far have failed to manage it with Debian. Can anyone
> help me get her machine set up to have more than one queue on
> her printer? The connectivity is local through USB, if that makes
> any difference.

If by queue you mean another printer instance, ie same printer used
but a different dpi etc, then you just make a new printer with a
different name.
CUPS Administration -> Add Printer
All of the options, except the printer name, are the same as the one
you already have, (IIRC).  Then change the options to be what you want.

I have, for instance, an HP6P laser printer I have set up printer HP
as draft, 300dpi, printer 6P for 600dpi, and printer HP6PCB for
printed circuit board transfers.

Hope I understood you correctly.

Wayne

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.