Re: Sex spam again on the list

Michelle Konzack on 17/09/07 09:33, wrote:
Am 2007-09-13 12:15:10, schrieb Andrew Sackville-West:
now what was your point?

The Listmasters should deactivate the SPAM-Filtering...

Hmmm, the we get all P-Enlargements for 40000 km  --  Oops!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day Michelle Konzack Systemadministrator Tamay
Dogan Network Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

A few days back I asked whether anyone had heard of a spam IP blacklist filter
maintained by a community of spam 'reporters' who submit spam emails to the server. Each reporter has their own 'effectiveness rating' and once enough 'effective people' report the spam, the email was scanned for the advertising website IP and this went into the filter applied to all incoming mail.

Admittedly it wouldn't catch image spam advertising hot stocks, but it would
certainly take out the others and seems to me to be a better bet than dynamic filters.

I think something like this exists already but I haven't been able to find it on the net. I did find a few other commercial spam filters who now spam me with their advertising!

I assume it wouldn't be too difficult to have an additional module where spam could be kept before being permanently deleted by a team of list moderators.

Regards
Adam