Disadvantages of Iceweasel instead of Firefox

Dear Debian users,

As you all know, Debian Etch released with Iceweasel instead of Firefox. This is totally okay, but some applications (like X-Chat or Gaim/Pidgin) still uses "firefox %u" command instead of "iceweasel %u" for opening web URL addresses, from Gaim conversations and IRC channels.

It used to work in Sarge, but in Etch doesn't. Epiphany or nothing opens up.

How could I make my system "firefox-aware"? Maybe a symlink named "firefox" to "iceweasel"? Or aliases?

Thanks a lot