Which ATI/AMD "fglrx" version?

Hello there,

I'm having stability problems with the newest ATI/AMD fglrx closed source driver, version 8.40.4.
I can install and use it very well, but it has some stability problems.

Ctrl+Alt+F1 hang ups are very well known, but for example when I logout from Gnome (back to GDM login), sometimes a very scary, interfered screen appears, then Debian totally hangs.

With the free "ati" driver there is no probs, but I need openGl and other stuff from the fglrx driver.

So, which version is considerably stable on your Debian machines?

Thanks a lot.