Re: cups yet again

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 12:06:25 +0100, graham wrote:
>> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>>

> That should be fixable by putting the "lp" module in /etc/modules.

You were right. I'd just assumed that was there by default.

After installing the lp module, I found that lprng behaved in exactly the same way as cups. Having established that the problem is not with cups but with the output filters in some way, I have now uninstalled lprng and returned to cups.

> It seems to me that your CUPS problem was fixed at some point (you could
> print the test page, right?)

It printed the test page correctly once, apparently randomly. After the next boot it stopped doing so, but this was before the lp module problem which only appeared after I removed cups and changed to lprng..

I can't afford to spend more time on this for now. I will have to find some other way to print (sneakernet to my wife's windows machine, I expect :-(

Thanks for all your help

Graham