Re: CPU Speed

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 05:44:35PM +0000, BartlebyScrivener wrote:

> Well, I still want to know the Model number.  Is it a 760ED?
>
> Did you look into Damn Small Linux?
>
> If not, how did you trim down Debian?
>
> I have a 760ED I'm thinking of resurrecting just for fun.
>
> rd

Hi,

	The TP is:

		TP: 570; Model: 2644-3AU

	I installed Blackbox on it.  I didn't think about using Damn Small Linux, though.  I might do a complete reinstall and try it out.

	On the TP, I've noticed that when I move down the screen, say in the Terminal, it looks like the screen does some sort of refresh or something.  It's
like a line goes up the screen.  I assume there's a name for what I'm saying, I just don't know it yet.  Remember that I only have 64 MB of RAM.  The mouse works
fine, and the TP hibernates MUCH faster than the laptop I'm using now (Microtel that I got while in Iraq, 2004).

	The laptop that I'm (primarily) using (now) is a Microtel, Model CL51-14.  I run Blackbox on that one, as well.  Some of the stats are:

		model name: Intel Pentium M Processor 1400 MHz
		cpu MHz: 1398.903
		cache size: 1024 KB
		stepping: 5
		RAM: 512 MB

	And, although I'll probably get some hate-mail for this, MY BOGOMIPS IS 2799.51!!! ;)

	The Microtel is the best computer that I have at the moment, only because of specs, I think, versus craftsmanship.  No real issues other than that the
built-in wireless never worked (and I never figured out how to get it to work).

TW