Re: CPU Speed

> > I get:
> >
> >         # dmidecode 2.8
> >         # No SMBIOS nor DMI entry point found, sorry
> >

> Dunno.  Have to wait for a wizard to come along.  Are you starting a
> computer museum?  What model is that ThinkPad?
>
> It's ten years old, isn't it?

(Laughs)

No,

	It's not the TP.  The TP is OK and, in fact, runs great.  I'll probably use it as a firewall.  Those stats were from the Hewlett Packard Pavilion 6360
(stock).

	I saw this computer sitting in my friend's mom's house and asked to fix it for her (it didn't run at
all).  I didn't anticipate the problems that I would face, mostly because I didn't know then what I now know about CPU specs (and what's good/bad) and the RAM.
Thanks to everyone for their help.  Now I'll be able to give my friend's mom a better explanation of 'why' rather than 'here is what you get for some reason'.
The worst part about it is that I doubled the RAM, added an ethernet card, and included a new Sony DVD-R.

VR

TW