CPU Speed

Hi,

	I have an HP Pavilion 6360 with Linux Debian.  I also have a Thinkpad that a friend gave me recently which runs Linux Debian, as well.

	Here's the thing.

	The TP, under cpuinfo, has:

		model name: Mobile Pentium II
		cpu MHz: 365.033
		stepping: 10
		cache size: 256 KB

		ram: 64 MB

	The HP, under cpuinfo, has:

		model name: AMD-K6(tm) 3D processor
		cpu MHz: 367.497
		stepping: 0
		cache size: 64 KB

		ram: 256 MB

	The HP runs MUCH slower than the TP.  Why is that?  Is that supposed to happen?  Is it because of the step and the cache size?  Is it the ram
difference?  Although I'm beginning to understand that more RAM doesn't mean faster computer, I would think that since both speeds are close
(irregardless of cache size) that they would be about the same speed.  How do I check what the CURRENT speed of the processor is?  Maybe it's running at a lower
speed than what's indicated?  Should I overclock the HP?  Thanks.

TW