Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- From: "H.S." <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:34:16 -0400
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20070704210513.GA16497@alpaca>
- References: <email@example.com> <20070704210513.GA16497@alpaca>
Daniel Burrows wrote:
When I try to upgrade my Debian Testing machine, aptitude wants to remove
these packages (been happening for some days now; I have been putting off
upgrading in the hope that the problem would be resolved with newer
versions of packages):
Looks to me like dbus-1-utils has been folded into the dbus package.
libssp0 is only available in experimental -- it's been removed from
stable and testing. Probably it's obsolete and not needed any more?
Thanks everyone. I have proceeded with upgrading dbus. Hopefully nothing
will go amiss (main concerns are auto-mounting removable devices).