Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:34:16PM -0400, "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >>When I try to upgrade my Debian Testing machine, aptitude wants to remove
> >>these packages (been happening for some days now; I have been putting off
> >>upgrading in the hope that the problem would be resolved with newer
> >>versions of packages):
> >>dbus-1-utils [1.0.2-1]
> >>libssp0
> >
> >  Looks to me like dbus-1-utils has been folded into the dbus package.
> >libssp0 is only available in experimental -- it's been removed from
> >stable and testing.  Probably it's obsolete and not needed any more?
> >
> >  Daniel
> >

> Thanks everyone. I have proceeded with upgrading dbus. Hopefully nothing
> will go amiss (main concerns are auto-mounting removable devices).

  I should add that my conclusions regarding dbus-1-utils are based on
the fact that dbus conflicts/provides/replaces it, which means that it's
the upgrade path for dbus-1-utils.

  Daniel