Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- To: "H.S." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- From: Daniel Burrows <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:12:09 -0700
- Message-id: <20070706031209.GA4396@emurlahn.burrows.local>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070704210513.GA16497@alpaca> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 01:34:16PM -0400, "H.S." <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
> Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >>When I try to upgrade my Debian Testing machine, aptitude wants to remove
> >>these packages (been happening for some days now; I have been putting off
> >>upgrading in the hope that the problem would be resolved with newer
> >>versions of packages):
> >>dbus-1-utils [1.0.2-1]
> > Looks to me like dbus-1-utils has been folded into the dbus package.
> >libssp0 is only available in experimental -- it's been removed from
> >stable and testing. Probably it's obsolete and not needed any more?
> > Daniel
> Thanks everyone. I have proceeded with upgrading dbus. Hopefully nothing
> will go amiss (main concerns are auto-mounting removable devices).
I should add that my conclusions regarding dbus-1-utils are based on
the fact that dbus conflicts/provides/replaces it, which means that it's
the upgrade path for dbus-1-utils.