Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- To: "H.S." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: aptitude wants to remove these. Do I need them?
- From: Daniel Burrows <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 14:05:13 -0700
- Message-id: <20070704210513.GA16497@alpaca>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> When I try to upgrade my Debian Testing machine, aptitude wants to remove
> these packages (been happening for some days now; I have been putting off
> upgrading in the hope that the problem would be resolved with newer
> versions of packages):
> dbus-1-utils [1.0.2-1]
Looks to me like dbus-1-utils has been folded into the dbus package.
libssp0 is only available in experimental -- it's been removed from
stable and testing. Probably it's obsolete and not needed any more?