Re: stability problem; Asus M2N-MX mobo AMD 64; etch; is it hardware or software? (apparently solved)

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 11:41, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Was there a userforum or user review from where you bought the board? I
> usually only do mobo's that have a large number of reviews, to find
> problems like this.

Yes. I got it at newegg. There was nothing there that indicated this sort of
problem. What really threw me off was that with mem in slot 0, upping the
voltage to 2.0 made the problem worse, not better, so I scratched it off the
list of possibilities.

Overall, I've been dissatisfied with Asus. This is my first (and probably
last) board from them. The Asus website is horrible. You can't do anything
without javascript. Even with javascript, the search results come up in a
huge, mis-sized window with no scrollbars, all my menu and toolbars get
overwritten with Asus stuff, and the site is really, really slow.

On the up side, the board was really cheap for the features it provides.