Re: [Now really OT]Re: OT: QEMU Package faster

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

>[mike wrote]

Andrew J. Barr wrote:

kqemu allows code to be executed directly and natively on the
bare-metal processor under certain conditions. This takes QEMU's
dynamic translation engine out of the picture and allows for
near-native performance of x86-on-x86 (32 or 64 bit) situations.

It turns kqemu into less of an emulator and more of a virtualizer, if
that makes any sense to you.

It does, but I haven't been able to get it to compile.

So, why don't you just use debian after all? It seems you've been on
this list long enough to dare to ditch your fedora for the universal OS. :-D

Well, one reason is that I checked again, and QEMU actually does
eat lots of CPU on Debian.

I'd rather use CentOS, I think.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.