Re: OT: QEMU Package faster

Chris Lale wrote:

1. QEMU is slow.

Yes, and it's a CPU hog. But, it's faster than BOCHS.

2. If you install kqemu, QEMU will run faster. Make sure to "modprobe kqemu
major=0" first. QEMU will use kqemu automatically if it is installed. Run QEMU
from a terminal window and you will get a message if it is unable to find kqemu.

I haven't been able to build kqemu. It has include path problems.

[snip]

Alternatively, install Daniel Baumann's deb package [2] instead of the official
QEMU package.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

I believe that kqemu reduces processor load. This may be the reason for your
different experience.

Nope. Apparently it was a brain fart.

So... Not off-topic after all. :)

Well, actually off-topic. Most of my testing has been on a Fedora Core
machine :-)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.