Re: X problems

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 05:30:11 +0200
Zach <netrek@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/21/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > To enable hardware acceleration, In the "Module" section of
> > xorg.conf you should load "dri". So the corresponding stanza
> > in /etc/X11/xorg.conf will look like
> >
> > Section "Module"
> >   # bunch of load statements here
> >   Load "dri"
> >   # bunch of load statements here
> > EndSection

So, does /var/log/Xorg.0.log tell you anything about DRI being
enabled or not? If not, you may want to try to use 16 bits depth,
I read somewhere it was needed to get the acceleration to work
with that card. Also, I believe too that the best way to proceed
is to take a careful look at the xorg.conf file from the Ubuntu
CD, I dont't think there's anything fundamentally different, must
be some settings here and there.