GNU/linux equivalent to Windows 'expand' command?

Hello,

I've been trying to use PPDs for some Konica Minolta all-in-ones
(Bizhub C450 and 550), and the driver pacakges from Win2000 and WinXP
could be unzipped under linux. However, the contained files are
compressed and the final characters of the name and extension are
replaced by an underscore (e.g., kouzza__.pp_). 'file' says that the
type is 'MS compress'. I am not familiar with that, so I tried
'cabextract', 'unzip', 'gunzip', 'bunzip', 'uncompress', and even the
'extract' and 'expand' commands. No luck.

After days of searching I eventually gave up and looked for how to do
this on a Windows machine. It turns out that from the command prompt,
the 'expand' command extracts the files successfully.

So, is there an equivalant command in GNU/linux?
--
BOFH excuse #84:

Someone is standing on the ethernet cable, causing a kink in the cable