Re: X problems

On 6/21/07, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

first thing I'd do is very closely read the xorg.conf and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log generated by *each* system and look for critical
differences.

It could be something as simple as the dpi setting, for example. It
could also be a theme thing. THe default fonts, colors, etc could just
be a better setup for you.

Ok, do you know a general way to increase the screen brightness in X?
Most gfx drivers in Windows come with a way to change the brightness
but I have no driver for this so I guess X.org just picked something
generic. I remember when I had my old Nvidia card I could use 'nv' or
'nvidia' driver to get hardware acceleration working. Any idea how to
do so for my ATI card?

Zach