Re: X problems

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 04:43:06PM -0400, Zach wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I recently tried out a fairly recent Ubuntu boot CD (just to test it -
> no plans on switching from Debian which I love) and was surprised to
> see that my X desktop looked so much better: it was brighter and even
> in the gnome-term and xterm I tried the fonts seemed better contrast,
> more crisp! I wonder what Ubuntu is doing that my  X.org didn't do?

first thing I'd do is very closely read the xorg.conf and
/var/log/Xorg.0.log generated by *each* system and look for critical
differences.

It could be something as simple as the dpi setting, for example. It
could also be a theme thing. THe default fonts, colors, etc could just
be a better setup for you.

.02