Re: What's this error message telling me?

On 2007-06-17, Telly Williams <twilliams001@elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Here's what I get:
>
> telly@ephome:~$ su
> Password:
> ephome:/home/telly# apt-get upgrade
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> 3 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y

from here:

> Setting up slib (3a4-4) ...
> /usr/bin/guile-1.6: error while loading shared libraries:
> libqthreads.so.12: cannot enable executable stack as shared object
> requires: Permission denied
> dpkg: error processing slib (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127

to here is the pertinent error.

> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of guile-1.6-slib:
>  guile-1.6-slib depends on slib (>= 3a2-3); however:
>   Package slib is not configured yet.
> dpkg: error processing guile-1.6-slib (--configure):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of g-wrap:
>  g-wrap depends on guile-1.6-slib; however:
>   Package guile-1.6-slib is not configured yet.
> dpkg: error processing g-wrap (--configure):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

These won't go through until slib is setup.

>  slib
>  guile-1.6-slib
>  g-wrap
>
>     I tried to install slib, guile-1.6, guile-1.6-slib.  I get the same
> error each
> time.  I tried to install gnucash and that's how I first got this
> error.  I can't
> even use openoffice (it won't run).  The guile-1.6-libs won't install
> either.
> What am I missing here?  ~Telly

I don't see this mentioned in the bug reports.
Are you running stable, testing, or unstable?
What happens if you run an `apt-get -f install`?

Also--I think your openoffice issue is a separate one.  What is it
doing?  Do you get a splashscreen, then it quits?  Does it appear to do
nothing?  if you run it from a terminal emulator, do you see any errors?

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Subject to change without notice.