Re: What's this error message telling me?

Christopher Nelson wrote:
<snip>

I don't see this mentioned in the bug reports.
Are you running stable, testing, or unstable?
What happens if you run an `apt-get -f install`?

Also--I think your openoffice issue is a separate one.  What is it
doing?  Do you get a splashscreen, then it quits?  Does it appear to do
nothing?  if you run it from a terminal emulator, do you see any errors?

I'm running SELinux(Debian, Stable). I've never had this problem with other installations. The only thing different now is that I have SELinux and Shorewall installed.

After running apt-get -f install:

ephome:/home/telly# clear; apt-get -f install

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
3 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up guile-1.6-slib (1.6.8-6) ...
/usr/bin/guile-1.6: error while loading shared libraries: libqthreads.so.12: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
dpkg: error processing guile-1.6-slib (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of g-wrap:
g-wrap depends on guile-1.6-slib; however:
 Package guile-1.6-slib is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing g-wrap (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
gnucash depends on guile-1.6-slib; however:
 Package guile-1.6-slib is not configured yet.
gnucash depends on g-wrap; however:
 Package g-wrap is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing gnucash (--configure):
guile-1.6-slib
g-wrap
gnucash
ephome:/home/telly#

   After running dpkg -C:

ephome:/home/telly# dpkg -C
The following packages have been unpacked but not yet configured.
They must be configured using dpkg --configure or the configure
menu option in dselect for them to work:
g-wrap               scripting interface generator for C
gnucash              A personal finance tracking program

The following packages are only half configured, probably due to problems
configuring them the first time.  The configuration should be retried using
dpkg --configure <package> or the configure menu option in dselect:
guile-1.6-slib       Guile SLIB support

Running dpkg --configure guile-1.6-slib:

ephome:/home/telly# dpkg --configure guile-1.6-slib
Setting up guile-1.6-slib (1.6.8-6) ...
/usr/bin/guile-1.6: error while loading shared libraries: libqthreads.so.12: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
dpkg: error processing guile-1.6-slib (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
guile-1.6-slib

When I start OO from GUI, the splashscreen starts then quits. From a terminal, I get:

ephome:/home/telly# openoffice
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
no suitable windowing system found, exiting.

** (process:18653): WARNING **: Unknown error forking main binary / abnormal early exit ...

I tried installing the java-package but I get errors with that, as well. ~Telly