Re: Strange reaction to keyboard at first login

* Chris Bannister (mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz) wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 12:13:22PM -0500, cothrige wrote:
> > Well, not that I can see.  But, I will admit that I am likely
> > overlooking something.  The complaint, "input: AT Translated Set 2
> > keyboard as /class/input/input4", is in /var/log/messages.  Earlier in
> > the same file there are more of the same, but instead of
> > /class/input/input4 they say /class/input/input0.  I don't remember if
> > that ever came up on screen, but I only remember the input4 quite
> > recently, and I think these older ones predate my current kernel and
> > the problem I am dealing with right now.
>
> So, have you found the problem?

Nope.  Sad to say I have not.  I have looked into the possible
modules, and I could only find one which seems a candidate for my
problem, ATKBD, and I have this compiled in.  I have yet to find
anything else which may give a clue as to what exactly is going wrong
and so I am just not quite sure what I can tweak right now.  I have
considered recompiling the kernel and using the above as a module and
seeing what happens then, but since I have never used that as a module
before I am just not very confident it will help.

In the meantime I have simply developed a habit of tapping the enter
key twice after booting, and this clears the trouble.  I don't like
that, and I really do think things should work, but at least
everything seems to operate until I can get actually find out what is
going wrong.

Patrick