Re: Etch sasl weirdness [solved]

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 08:22:40PM +0100, Hans du Plooy wrote:
What I did notice is that /etc/defaults/saslauthd mentions /etc/saslauthd.conf, but there is no such file. I also don't see a client config file.

# ldap     -- use LDAP (configuration is in /etc/saslauthd.conf)

So, unless you are having your saslauthd get its authentication
information from an LDAP store, then you don't need the file.

Thanks Roberto. The /etc/default/saslauthd doesn't actually say that /etc/saslauthd.conf is *only* for LDAP, but the manpage does:

FILES
     /var/run/saslauthd/mux  The default communications socket.

/etc/saslauthd.conf The default configuration file for ldap support.

Cheers
Hans