[SOLVED] Re: KDE clock showing 1 hour ahead (on-going)

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 09:21:56AM +0100, andy wrote:

<snip>

A more general point - you, and I, need to read up on the way that
Debian does the init scripts :)

Try editing

	/etc/init.d/hwclock.sh
and

	/etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh

They are well commented and HWCLOCKPARS is one of the first lines :)

(You _might_ be able to do it just by passing the appropriate
environment variable - but this early in the boot sequence I wouldn't
like to bet on it and it's a one-off edit0

These, in turn, are called from the start up script
at
	/etc/init.d/rcS.d/S11hwclock.sh

so you might want to edit that one as well :)

Does this help?

Andy (Cater) since there are two andys talking to one another here
and it gets confusing :)

Andy

Thanks so much - your suggestion worked:

sudo joe /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh

At first line: HWCLOCKPARS=     was blank, so added, with quotes:
"--directisa"

and saved.

I then ran sudo hwclock --directisa --systohc

and then rebooted.

This time, on the terminating messages there was no more timing out nor again on the start up and, when logging in, the time was accurate.

Well done and many thanks!

Andy (Wolfe)