Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 08:11:52AM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:

> I hope rsync will work here. I could then run th backup script as a
> cron job daily. It should only send the differences since there won't
> be a big difference for incremental backups.
>
> BTW, what is the measure of this difference for rsync?
> Anyway, I'll go ahead and install it. IF there's some nice tutorial
> page about rsync, you or someone can mention that will be great too!

Since rsync will only send the differences plus its own rsync-rsync
control info, the speed-up will vary depending on the differences.  It
will report to you what the speed-up was after a transfer.

I haven't found a tutorial, just the man page and experimenting.

Doug.