Re: Good Debian/Linux FTP Client program ???

On 5/30/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

I've never used ftp in a script.  I push or pull backups around with
rsync.

I'd like to know more abot rsync. Is it secure? Does/can  it use openssl?

Is rsync a good solution for big backups? I keep seeing rsync
mentioned a lot. Seems it's very reliable. I think people even use
rsync to update debian? Or maybe I am wrong?

However, there may be a reason that what you're trying to do does work.
Rather than looking at getting lftp to do what you want, what is it that
you want in general; what task is it you are trying to do with lftp?

Doug.

It' s just a bacup directory that I want synchronized with my remote
shell account.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.