Re: xterm fonts

On 05/22/2007 06:49 PM, Deboo ^ wrote:

You can load ~/.Xdefaults or ~/.Xresources with xrdb -load
.~/.Xdefaults or xrdb -load ~/.Xresources but how do you load the
~/.Xresources/ directory? I made the directory but nothing changed
since it did not load.

Regards,
Deboo

Ignore anyone who says that an ~/.Xresources/ directory has any significance.

When I was using the blackbox WM, I created a blackbox startup script similar to this one:

#!/bin/sh
xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults
rxvt &
blackbox

Then I would launch blackbox this way:
xinit /path/to/script

Read the xrdb manual page to see the difference between the -merge and the -load options; hint: -load destroys the previous contents of the resource database.