Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 10:46:09AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> [...]
> I see your point about offensiveness, but I'll point out that the OT
> thread I started (Good, evil, etc) was a response to a sig that I felt
> attacked religion unfairly. Many people use quite provocative sigs,
> ridiculing (often wittily) political or religious views they oppose. If
> we demand that posts be inoffensive, I counter-request that people cut
> the offensive sigs.

So it seems that what we really need is not a separate OT list but
a separate politically correct, censored list, while the rest of
the community carries on ranting, reminiscing, joking - and
requesting and receiving expert advice on using their debian systems.

--
David Jardine

"Running Debian GNU/Linux and
loving every minute of it."  -L. von Sacher-M.(1835-1895)