Re: pdflatex from TeXLive produces much bigger pdf-file than in teTeX?

On 5/21/07, Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:
Hello,

I have noticed that, by default, pdflatex is no more pdflatex:
does your pdflatex links tp pdftex ?

That has been usual for some time now.  The pdfetex binary changes
behaviour depending on what name it is called with.

See the TeX FAQ entry for e-tex:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=etex.  Searching the
archives of the comp.text.tex newsgroup for the subject "Is TeX
outdated? Is eTeX a success?" should get you a thread where TeX/eTeX
issue is discussed, with a reference to LaTeX News, which I haven't
had the energy to chase.

<snip>
--
Kushal