Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Saturday 19 May 2007, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 10:50:31PM -0400, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > >
> > > Did it ever occur to you that your own behavior is even more
> > > offensive? The least you could have done was read my post and the
> > > parent post before flying off the handle at me.
> >
> > 1) I did read them.
>
> Then please identify what was it about this post:

> Which was a reply to this post:

> Seriously, I'd like to know what about it caused your reaction.
>
> > 2) I fly off the handle.  Look in the mirror.
>
> OK.  Let's recap:

No, let's not.  The fact that you need to and need to get into this
minutiae shows you have a strong emotional need to prove yourself and
vindicate yourself.

While everyone is asking to stop OT posts, you're trying to prove
yourself.  While OT posts are driving developers away, you're fiddling
while Rome burns and rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic.
I, we, have tried to make this point and stop you, but you don't want
to see it.

Bottom line: you're wrong.  We started with a topic of how to quell OT
posts and it's gone from there to IMAP vs. POP to why you're right.
Can you see how OT that is?  People are trying to stop OT posts and
you're getting more and more OT.

> > I'm sure you can find other people to be rude to and that should
> > keep you quite occupied for a few more hours.
>
> I'm sorry if you feel I have been, as I most clearly have not been.

You are not the person to make that judgement.  It seems that the
community sees your behavior differently than you do.  (Why do you think
there's a "bash Roberto festival" you're complaining about?)  You've
proven you do not have the ability to see how your behavior effects
others.

Okay, for the third time in 20 years I'm putting someone in a killfile.

Hal