OT: Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2007 17:19:31 PM -0400, Miles Fidelman
(mfidelman@meetinghouse.net) wrote:

M. Fioretti wrote:
No, sorry, the problem is a concrete, objective one:

* everybody with any metered connection _pays_ real money every time
 these characters rerun their show
It's called IMAP - the bandwidth and time to download headers is negligible, even over a dial-up.

Please avoid this kind of technical suggestions in this thread:

* it is still the same unacceptable "since you can buy ear plugs, I
  can yell whenever I want" attitude. See my previous messages
No.  Who died and put you in charge?

And... might I add that those who have engaged in OT threads have generally had the decency to label the threads "OT" - something I note that whomever started this latest meta-thread did NOT have the courtesy to do.

It's bad enough to have my mailbox clogged with OT threads - though some are interesting and I have been guilty of contributing on occasion, but the last 2 days, all I'm seeing are debates about whether or not to allow OT threads.

Enough already, or does somebody have to mention Nazis?

Miles