Re: rampant offtopic and offensive posts to debian-user

On Sat, May 19, 2007 15:12:51 PM -0400, Hal Vaughan
(hal@thresholddigital.com) wrote:

> Not true.  For example, I'm having trouble with Firefox
>crashing.... Asking here could help a great deal with that.

Of course. But rambling for months about religion or internal USA
politics has nothing to do with it.

> The OT threads don't bother me, but they do seem to bother others,
> often for the sole point that they can't bear to see anything
> handled other than in the way they want it handled.

No, sorry, the problem is a concrete, objective one:

* everybody with any metered connection _pays_ real money every time
  these characters rerun their show

* tolerating these situations on what should be a technical support
  list is (Joey said it) one of the reasons why _developers_ avoid
  these forums, making them less useful.

	Marco

--
Help *everyone* love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/