Re: [OT] The record industry, RIAA and US law

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 06:42:26PM +0200, Joe Hart wrote:
> There are also problems here:

Netherlands?

> There are too many political parties, so in order to have a working
> government, coalitions must be formed, and in the process of forming the
> coalitions, parties quite frequently must abandon the platform that got
> them elected in the first place.

Is that an MMP type of system? I think it is still better than an FPP
type of system where whoever gets in does not necessarily reflect the
wishes of the majority.

> The welfare system is too lenient.  There are a number of people who
> refuse to work because they actually take a pay cut by getting a job.

Something wrong there. The welfare benefit should be less than the
minimum hourly wage. Can't blame anyone there, hell would you choose to
not work for more money or working for less? Are you sure you have that
right?

--
Chris.
======