Re: AMD 64 DVD Installer for Debian Lenny Hangs

Doug,

I did not respond to the Debian-Boot mailing list. I will do that now.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Scott Huey

On 5/9/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:56:41AM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:31:03PM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> >> I've tried both the DVD installer for AMD 64 and the i386 CD installer
> >> for Debian Lenny. The installer hangs in the same spot with both media
> >> installation types.
> >>
> >> The installer hangs after this message is printed to the screen:
> >>
> >> "io scheduler cfq registered"

> I was able to figure out how to get over my installation problem. I
> had to use the "pci=off" boot option. Once I did this I had no more
> installation problems.
>
> did tell me that the problem was with the Linux kernel, not with the
> installer for Debian. I still haven't figured out what part of my
> hardware caused the problem.
>
> I would like to post the information on my fix somewhere for other
> users that might run into the same problem. I looked at the Debian
> Wiki, but it didn't seem to be the appropriate place.
>
> Can anyone make a suggestion of a good home for this type of information?

You may have found it.  Your message, and this reply, will stay on the
lists.debian.org archives and be accessible via google.

Did you let the debian-boot people know that their suggestion worked?
Its generally a good idea to reply to the same thread so that when
someone searches the archives with the same problem they see both the
suggestion and the successful result.

Doug.