AMD 64 DVD Installer for Debian Lenny Hangs

I've got a new Dell running dual core AMD 64 bit processors. I thought
I would try intsalling Debian Lenny on the computer.

I've tried both the DVD installer for AMD 64 and the i386 CD installer
for Debian Lenny. The installer hangs in the same spot with both media
installation types.

The installer hangs after this message is printed to the screen:

"io scheduler cfq registered"

I've tried this several times, and each time it hangs in the same
spot. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem?
Will I be able to install Debian on my system?

Thanks,

Scott Huey