Installing Mozilla Sunbird With Debian On AMD64

I'd really like to get Mozilla Sunbird
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/) running on my new
computer. I'm running Debian Lenny on a brand new Dell with AMD64 dual
core processors.

However, it doesn't appear that a Debian package
(http://packages.debian.org/experimental/mail/sunbird) for my
architecture/processor is available. I downloaded the Linux x86 binary
available on the Sunbird website
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/download.html ), but
when I try to execute the shell script that launches the program
nothing happens. (Well, the command terminal flashes for just a
second, but nothing useful happens.)

So I've got a couple of simple questions for you guys before I post a
message on the Sunbird user's mailing list.

[1] Can I use one of the other packages for Sunbird, or do I need the
package for my architecture/processor (AMD64) ?

[2] Will an "X86" program execute on my processor? I thought my AMD64
I processor could execute programs compiled to the X86 instruction
set, but maybe I was wrong.

Thanks for the help in understanding this.

Scott Huey