Re: AMD 64 DVD Installer for Debian Lenny Hangs

On 5/6/07, Wackojacko <wackojacko32@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:31:03PM -0700, Redefined Horizons wrote:
> I've tried both the DVD installer for AMD 64 and the i386 CD installer
> for Debian Lenny. The installer hangs in the same spot with both media
> installation types.
>
> The installer hangs after this message is printed to the screen:
>
> "io scheduler cfq registered"

First hit on google is
http://deekayen.net/fedora-core-5-io-scheduler-cfq-registered-hang-fix

not sure its the same system as yours as you dont give much info but try
booting the intaller in expert mode and use the boot paramaters
mentioned here.

HTH

Wackojacko

I was able to figure out how to get over my installation problem. I
had to use the "pci=off" boot option. Once I did this I had no more
installation problems.

The guys on the Debian boot list weren't the most helpful, but they
did tell me that the problem was with the Linux kernel, not with the
installer for Debian. I still haven't figured out what part of my
hardware caused the problem.

I would like to post the information on my fix somewhere for other
users that might run into the same problem. I looked at the Debian
Wiki, but it didn't seem to be the appropriate place.

Can anyone make a suggestion of a good home for this type of information?

Thanks,

Scott Huey